Monday, August 23, 2010

The Best of the Best at the Travel Writing Conference


I was honored to have my picture taken with Don George, the master of ceremonies, of the Travel Writing Conference at the Book Passage and Tim Cahill who opened the festivities with a fun talk. Don has edited numerous travel essay anthologies for Lonely Planet and has a great website with tremendous information for travelers called Don’s Place.

His book Travel Writing published by Lonely Planet is the most comprehensive book on the subject, I have come across.

Tim Cahill has nine travel book under his belt and hundreds of articles, is nothing short of the master when it comes to adventure travel narrative. I had the pleasure of interviewing Tim in his home in Livingston, Montana among the many artifacts he has collected in three decades of adventure travel. You may read that interview in my book Lost Angel Walkabout-One Traveler’s Tales.

**
I walk in Beauty on the good red road.
Linda Ballou

www.lindaballouauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment