Wednesday, June 17, 2020

If you love Kaua'i you will love this book.

Iced in Paradise (Leilani Santiago Hawai'i Mystery, #1)Iced in Paradise by Naomi Hirahara
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I looked forward to curling up with this book. So much fun to revisit Kauai and see it through the eyes of a local. I lived there when there were only 35,000 people and few “no trespassing” signs. In this rendering there are 70,000 locals finding it hard to survive and traffic jams. The protagonist like many Hawaiians is multi-cultural. She is torn between living on the mainland in Seattle and returning to her roots on Kauai. There is a mystery here, but I have to say I found the motive for murder a bit weak. No matter, I loved hanging with the locals, visiting places that have changed so much since my time in the Islands. Thank you to Naomi Hirahara for this authentic rendering of Kauai today with some interesting plot twists for good measure.Wai-nani: A Voice from Old Hawaii


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment