Saturday, March 16, 2019

Forest Bathing! Really?


."We humans do not save beauty; rather, beauty saves us." -Gretel Ehrlich


What Bill Bryson so aptly called a “Walk in the Woods” is now known as “Forest Bathing.”
The Japanese have over 60 Forest Therapy Camps in Japan alone. We have certified Nature and Forest Bathers right here in river city. The Lost Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic garden offers guided forest bathing walks.

  I need the soothing balm of breathing deeply of oxygenated air. Watching butterflies flit from flower to flower is enough entertainment for me. Putting one foot in front of the other allows my mind to relax and puts an end to repetitive thought. Studies indicate that getting into nature can boost our immune system, improve mental clarity and decrease anxiety. All good reasons to get outside, but the sight of a seductive trail through a shady tree canopy has always been enough for me. So whether you need a docent to steer you to the benefits of forest bathing, or just want to take a walk in the woods, it’s all good.





In my book Lost Angelin Paradise, I take you on 32 outdoor days most of which include a 2-4 mile hike somewhere beautiful. It is on in Amazon’s kindle store and ITunes both offer the ability to download the book to your phone. It has live links that take you to trail maps and a good place to eat nearby.

L.A. County Arboretum & Botanic Garden


 Please stop by my site where you will find travel articles, photo essays and more about my books.  www.LindaBallouAuthor.com

Presently, I am focused on getting to as many beautiful places I can before they are gone! That is why I created this web page www.LostAngelAdventures.com dedicated to travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment