Thursday, August 2, 2012

Last Chance for Romance in the West

Just in from a a boot scoot'en adventure at the North Fork Ranch nestled in the sleepy Platte River Valley. Join me on one of the Last Chances for Romance in the West.....
Aspen leaves spinning in a stout wind rattled like castanets. I found shelter beneath the spreading arms of an ancient spruce from the intense sun on a ledge overlooking the Platte River Valley. The ceaseless chatter of the river on its merry way to Denver kept me company. Below, nestled in the cleft of the blue mountains sheathed in Ponderosa Pine, North Fork Ranch rests hidden from the modern world. People come here from around the globe to breathe the crystalline air, fish in the clear waters and let a good horse take them back to the days when the west was young. /Read Full article here

2 comments:

  1. Nice article, Linda. My readers would like to learn more about this ranch. As a fellow travel writer, I specialize in equestrian travel.

    Would you consider writing a guest post on www.writinghorseback.com?

    I'm @nancydbrown & @ridinghorseback on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy. Sure. I would love to post on your site. However, right now I'm a bit pressed for time. Do you want it to be specifically about the riding at North Fork Ranch?
      Let me know.
      Thanks
      Linda

      Delete