Saturday, March 20, 2010

For My Equestrian Friends


The first article I published called the "Art of Falling" was featured in Horse Illustrated. At the time, I was jumping and doing cross-country courses. My trainer told me a spill was inevitable, but did not tell me how to prepare for this event. In response to this dilemma, I interviewed a vaulting champion, a gymnast, and an orthopedic surgeon. In the process of writing this article I created an equestrian fall. In it I let you know how to mentally prepare yourself and what actions to take when you find yourself parting company from your mount. One gentleman who read the piece told me it saved his life! If you would like a copy just email meat lballou6@sbcglobal.net and I will send you a pdf. I don’t have a live link for this one.
Cheers
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment