Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Good person to know in the other land down under!
Who is the kiwitravelwriter?
• Heather Hapeta was born in Christchurch, New Zealand; is a widow with two children who inherited her wanderlust.
• She got first passport in her forties and has made up for lost time ever since.
• Heather ran away from home when she was fifty
• She calls herself a passionate nomad
• And, has had a colourful life, has reinvented herself a few times: worked in real estate; been a model; a waitress on a Malaysian beach; an alcohol and drug counsellor, and even managed a farm for three months.
• She's now following her childhood dream of being a writer and has written ‘Naked in Budapest: travels with a passionate nomad’ which tells about her adventures after running away from home.
• She also has many travel related pieces published in world wide magazines and papers and in-flight magazines.
• She tutors travel writing.
http://kiwitravelwriter.wordpress.com (love travel? curious about NZ? odds & ends)
http://heatherhapeta.blogspot.com (kiwi thoughts on life, politics, travel & everything else)
http://www.kiwitravelwriter.com (my website)
http://twitter.com/kiwitravwriter (follow me on twitter)