Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Bringing Home the Gold-Travelers Tales Solas Award

Rocky Mountain Nat. Park and Yours truly

My story “On the Road with the Lady of Rockies” received “Gold” for the best Destination piece in the Travelers Tales 12th Annual Solas Awards!  It is being honored as the “Editor’s Choice on the home page of the largest publisher of travel literature. I have long admired the great travel writers represented in the pages of the Traveler's Tales anthologies, and I am very proud to be included in their ranks. My story will continue to appear on the The Best Travel Writing page on the Traveler,s Tales site. 
Isabella Bird-Lady of the Rockies

Recently, my friend James Michael Dorsey’s book Baboons for Lunch was published by Traveler's Tales. I love a man with a sense of humor and James has me laughing out loud at the ridiculous situations he finds himself in by choice! It is hard to imagine this distinguished gentleman lobbing monkeys with dung balls, but strange things happen to people’s personalities when they hit the road.


You may enjoy my many outdoor travel adventures in my book LostAngel Walkabout-One Traveler’s Tales.Lost Angel Unleashed. What do you think?
Presently, I am collecting stories for the sequel
Remember “All who wander are not lost.”
Cheers,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment