Friday, November 24, 2017

Winnie Award for Cowgirl at the Equus Film Fest

On Thanksgiving eve I was thrilled to learn that Lisa Diersen, the director of the prestigious 2017 Equus Film Festival selected The Cowgirl Jumped Over the Moon for the Founders Choice Winnie Award. To receive recognition running in such good company was beyond my expectations.

The response to the book has been extremely gratifying. I wrote the first draft twenty years ago. It was part of the healing process that ensued after an injury that forced me to give up the riding world that I loved. In 2015 I polished and expanded the story for publication.It’s been a tumultuous journey with a very happy ending.

2017 was a wild ride for the Cowgirl Jumped Over the Moon.  The first half of the year was dedicated to producing a quality audio book.  Narrator, Scott Glennon, delivered an energetic, authentic rendering of my story that is receiving ALL-STAR REVIEWS on audible.  I had the pleasure of meeting Scott in Denver after my horseback riding adventure at the Laramie River Ranch. He is a part cowboy, part actor and 100% fine human being. I feel so lucky to have him giving voice to my characters.



I still have a few coupons available if you would like to provide an honest review in exchange for a free copy of the audio book email me at lballou6@sbcglobal.net

I am an adventure travel writer with a host of travel articles on my site, along with information about my travel memoir, Lost Angel Walkabout-One Traveler’s Tales, my historical novel Wai-nani, A Voice from Old Hawai’i, as well as my latest novel The Cowgirl Jumped over the Moon at-www.LindaBallouAuthor.com.
 Subscribe to my blog www.LindaBallouTalkingtoyou.com to receive updates on books, and travel destinations and events.



No comments:

Post a Comment