Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Dreamy Year in Review

2014 brought all manner of good things my way.  My journey with New England Hiking Holidays in the Columbia Gorge and into the Mt. Hood region of Oregon ranks very high on my not to missed adventures.  In Get some Forest in your Boots I share highlights.


From there I drove to the coast of Oregon where I explored trails on my own.  The Oswald Park below Cannon Beach was my favorite hike but, If You’re Looking for a Cozy, Friendly Community, With Mammoth Trees, Walking Trails and Whale Sitings, You Won’t Want to Miss Yachats — Gem of Oregon’s Central Coast.


December found me in the Hawaiian Islands linking up with two local authors to form the Aloha Trio.
Together we shared our wares at Barnes and Noble in Lahaina, and at the exclusive Coast Gallery in Hana. Such warm aloha for Wai-nani, A Voice from Old Hawai’i made my heart sing. I was invited to stay with fellow author Lorraine Brodek who lives in Hana.
She arranged for me to canoe to the birthplace of Ka’ahumanu, the powerful woman in Old Hawai’i, that inspired my novel.

Watching my life unfold in ways I had never dreamed of is quite magical.

2015 promises to be filled with more exciting adventures that I look forward to sharing with you in my articles.


Happy New Year!!!

Cheers, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment