Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Renegade Way to Get Great Trips at CWC Presentation




You are invited to hear my talk at the California Writer’s Club on May 21, 2011. I will give you tips on “How to Make Travel Writing Work for You” followed up with a slide show spotlighting the geographical setting of the stories in my book Lost Angel Walkabout-One Traveler’s Tales.




A love triangle of extremes has proven to be a solid base for my writing. From my roots in Alaska I received strength, solitude, centeredness and respect for the awful power of nature. While living in Hawaii I found nurturing, a spiritual awakening and the heroine for my historical novel, Wai-nani—High Chiefess of Hawaii.



In proud California I obtained a degree in English Literature from Northridge University and a doctorate in urban savvy. In Lost Angel Walkabout-One Traveler’s Tales, an eclectic mix of essays filled with chills, spills giggles and squeaks, I share my most meaningful outdoor adventures. I continue to enjoy opportunities here in Los Angeles for intellectual stimulation, exciting contacts and friends.

Each week I share a Great Outdoor Day in L.A. in my column on Examiner

I am also the Adventure Travel Expert for the National Association of Baby Boomer Women. Each month I post an article on www.NABBW.com
with nuts and bolts information about how to get more out of your outdoor explorations. I have enjoyed being an adventure travel writer for the last decade.

You may go to my website www.lindaballouauthor.com
to view a host of articles and photo essays. If you are not careful, you might learn the secret to youth!

The meeting on May 21, 2011 at 12:30pm is held at
St. Martin-In-The-Fields
7136 Winnetka Ave.
Canoga Park, Ca 91306

Members are Free. Guests pay $5.00

See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment